If you want to win some rare autographed Glee merchandise and help me pay my college tuition at the same time, read on! I’m currently in competition at bublaa.com, and if I can have the largest “bubble” by July 15, then I’ll win $10,000 to help pay for college! Joining my “Gleeks” bubble is quick and easy, and if you help me win the contest, I’ll give away a Glee prize pack of merchandise that I’ve collected over the past two years of running GleeFan.com!
Update (7-14-11): With all of your help and a Tweet from the amazing Jenna Ushkowitz, I’m currently in 2nd place! If I can get back into 1st before 1pm EST Friday, I’ll definitely be mailing out the prize package to one very lucky Gleek.
The prize package includes:
1) A cast photograph signed by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Kevin McHale (Artie) and Amber Riley (Mercedes)!
2) A Glee calendar signed by Broadway legend Idina Menzel, known on Glee as Rachel Berry’s mother, Shelby Corcoran. She’s also known for originating Maureen in RENT and Elphaba (the lead) in Wicked.
3) A rare writer’s draft of the pilot script from September 26, 2008, including unaired scenes and original character descriptions. This script was given to me directly from Fox, and they are extremely rare. You can see a couple pages of it here.
4) A rare red Glee hat, also direct from Fox’s publicity staff.
5) Glee, The Music: Volume 1 on CD. Own the very first Glee soundtrack, including songs like “Don’t Stop Believin’.”
Here’s all you have to do to be entered to win:
1) Signup for free at bublaa.com. You can even make an account using Facebook Connect to make a speedy process even quicker!
2) Join my “Gleeks” bubble. (This is important because I’ll need to have the biggest bubble by the time the contest ends to win.)
3) Go to the Gleeks bubble’s conversations section and find my “Win rare signed Glee merch! Details inside…” topic! Then leave a reply with some way that I can contact you. It can be your Twitter, Facebook URL, email address, etc. Just so long as I can use it to get in touch with you, you’ll be entered to win!
4) Check back on July 16th to see if I won! If I win, then I’ll be randomly selecting a lucky winner to receive my Glee prize package.
Right now I’m neck in neck with another bubble, so EVERY member is extremely important! When you’re done entering, please get a friend or family member to join as well, because a few extra people will make or break the competition at this point! I’ve seen the Glee fandom come together in the past, and I cannot express how thankful I would be if I actually won the competition. As anyone in college can tell you, student debt is the worst, so I would be incredibly grateful if you guys could help me out! You have no idea how much it would mean to me.
If you want to keep up with my progress in the competition, you can follow me on Twitter @GleekRob as I’ll be Tweeting how things are going. Remember that I’ll only be giving away the prize pack if I win, so if I win, you could win too!
Thank you all so much. Please don’t let this amazing opportunity pass you by!